So tonight in Collegeville, PA I got to meet (hang out) with Lauren DeStefano for the second time! It ended up being more a signing than an event, but that’s okay! I stayed and chatted with her for a little while and she’s one of the nicest, down to earth authors you will meet! If she stops by your town, you should definitely go out to meet her!! Also, here’s a few fun facts I learned tonight!
– She has 3 cats!
– If she could meet any author she’d pick T.S. Elliot. Lauren also said she’d love to meet Stephanie Meyer or J.K. Rowling to talk to them and see how they deal with everything thrown at them.
– When she needs to get away from writing she watches tv or surfs fun websites like fail blog… she also mentioned the “cat eharmony video” —> you should all watch this http://youtu.be/mTTwcCVajAc
– I asked about Cecily, and she says she was surprised at the all the attention that she got as a side character. And that we’ll just have to wait and see how she turns out in book 3 !
– Also, I heard her telling another fan at the signing that she knows where the end of the book is, but she doesn’t always know how to get there. So it’s fun to discover it along the way.
– Speaking of book3, no title yet! But, she has seen an early draft of the cover. I cannot wait until we get to see that! I adore her book covers! 🙂
– With the writing aspect, she says (paraphrased), you can’t think of being rejected or think about how you’re going to get published while you’re writing. Rejection always happens. And you need to write the book you love.
– Told her I loved Silas from Fever! Lauren mentioned that she got a lot of great feedback on him even though he’s not a love interest.
Lauren and her fans! 🙂
– Lauren and myself –
– Lauren making my blog name sign and me doing some crazy tongue thing ha! –
– Lauren’s idea & I ❤ it! 🙂 –
– Giveaway? Of course! –
So whenever I love a book, I always buy like 5 copies and then give one away and HORDE the rest. Just kidding haha! But, I do always do giveaways for the books I love! And Fever happens to be one of those! And yes, it’s a signed copy! 🙂
– Winner will be chosen randomly
6 thoughts on “Lauren DeStefano Signing!”
Awh, how fun! I wish authors came to my lame town, lol! :)Thanks for the giveaway!
Hah! Eastern PA has just been getting lucky 🙂
It sounds like you had a blast! Thanks for the giveaway! 🙂
SO jealous of you! Would love to meet Lauren and get tons of books signed 😀 She seems awesome 🙂 And thank you for the giveaway. ❤ Love, Carina
Another event? :O Jelly! hehe So nice, you actually hang out with her!! How fun. Gosh those covers are gorgeous in real life! Thank you for the chance to win signed books, I loooooove them. Fingers crossed. 🙂
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME SO JEALOUS OMG!